Using Quick Jump
The Quick Jump input box at the top right of the page enables registered users to quickly and effectively jump to certain AFL statistics or records pages on the website, with the additional benefit of applying filters at the same time.
For example, you can type in the Quick Jump input box "haw hs" and you will be taken to a page displaying Hawthorn's Highest Scores throughout history. If you change that to include Carl 1991-2008, i.e "haw carl hs 1991-2008" and the results will be filtered for seasons 1991 through 2008 against Carlton.
Plain english input is also being developed and can be attempted. For example you can type in "St Kilda's best win against Richmond at the MCG since 2000".
To view a particular round details (scores, ladder, goalkickers) just type "Rd 6, 2000" or "Finals, 1992".
The Match Scores page is the default page the system will go to if it can't interpret the input properly. So if you just want to just view match scores, you can type in "1991" and you will be taken to the Match Scores page showing results from 1991. You can add a team, i.e. "Haw 2012" and it will show the Hawks scores in 2012.
To search for a player (I haven't transferred the coaches page yet), type in "player [player name]" i.e. "Player Michael Tuck".
Shorthand for Records / Statistics Pages are:
- hs = Highest Scores, ls = Lowest Scores, gm = Greatest Margins, mg = Most Goals, lg = Least Goals, mb = Most Behinds, lb = Least Behinds, mss = Most Scoring Shots, lss = Least Scoring Shots, ba = Best Accuracy, wa = Worst Accuracy, bc = Biggest Comebacks, lad = All Time Ladder
You can use shorthand names for clubs which are pretty self explanatory:
- Adel, BrisB, Bris, Carl, Coll, Ess, Fitz, Frem, Geel, GC, GWS, Haw, Melb, NM, Port, Rich, StK, Syd, Uni, WB, WC
Ground abbreviations being:
- AAMI, Alb, ANZ, AO, AP, AS, Aur, Blu, BS, BSC, BTP, BXG, Caz, CO, Cob, EM, Eti, Eur, Gab, GO, JO, Man, MCG, Met, Mor, Mot, NHO, OO, Pat, PR, Pra, SCG, Sko, SS, TIO, VP, WACA, Wav, WH, WO, Yal, Yvl ... you can also use states ... Vic, Qld, NSW etc
Specifying in a Quarter / at a break:
- in 1st q, in 2nd q, in 3rd q, in 4th q, at 1/2 t, at 3/4 t, in 2nd h, in last 3q
- 1910-1920, fm 1980, from 1942, since 2001, to 1970, 1930 to 1945, in 2012
Using this feature is a much faster way of accessing the AFL statistics or records you are after rather than utilising the menu system to select the individual page, then going through and adding filters from the respective drop down menus.